Safeguarding Our Members' Privacy
Collection of Information on Our Members
Collection of information is usually grouped into two categories: personally identifiable information and so-called "aggregate" information. Personally identifiable information is any information in Allegro Rainbow's possession that is associated with a specific Member (such as a name or address) and information we collect about how individual Members use WizardTunes (such as the fact that a Member visits sports pages, or has purchased merchandise through WizardTunes.) It does not include aggregate information, which is general demographic information (such as the total number of Members who are more than 35 years old), or information which a Member has made public on WizardTunes.
Personally Identifiable Information
Allegro Rainbow uses personal information only for the following purposes:
WizardTunes uses strict procedures and safeguards designed to protect the privacy of all personal information. All WizardTunes employees with access to personal information are required to follow specific practices concerning its proper handling. WizardTunes's employees never inspect or disclose to others the contents of these private messages except with the specific consent of the sender or recipient, or as specifically authorized or required by law.
- to process requests and orders placed with advertisers, merchants and service providers on WizardTunes;
- to personalize WizardTunes based on Members’ interests, including making Members aware of editorial features, advertisements, and commercial offerings that may be of interest;
- to communicate with Members, including promoting WizardTunes;
- to register a Member for a contest or sweepstakes and to administer or make related offers from the same;
- to serve Members when they have questions or problems;
- to perform normal business operations, such as billing, collection, and accounting; and to investigate complaints and protect WizardTunes and its Members, in compliance with the law, the WizardTunes Member Agreement, Interactive Features Guidelines and WizardTunes policies.
- analyze how current or future WizardTunes features may operate on your equipment;
- monitor or improve the performance of WizardTunes software on your equipment;
- to tell you about enhancements and offerings that may become available (such as memory or equipment upgrades).
- Your authorization also allows WizardTunes to provide you with consistently fast and reliable network access by sending diagnostic data about your computer and your connections with WizardTunes. Such data includes call failure data, communications bit rate, local access number used, version numbers, and modem type. WizardTunes will use this information to evaluate and improve the quality of your connections.
WizardTunes tracks the total number of visitors to each of our pages within WizardTunes in an aggregate form to allow us to update and improve our sites. Personally identifiable information is not extracted in this process. WizardTunes may use or disclose aggregated (not personally identifiable) information for any purpose.
If a Member enters our pages from the site of one of WizardTunes's partners, our system will recognize the path the visitor has taken. Such partners are companies such as computer or modem manufacturers with whom WizardTunes engages in promotional deals. The benefits of these deals are often passed on to WizardTunes Members.
For answers to specific concerns regarding privacy that are not addressed here, please write to us.